3 Point Hitch

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

3 Point Hitch

Tommy I have a MF65 with 7/8 wrist action ball ends which I understand is a class 1 hitch. Can I install larger arms and make it a class 2 hitch? And do they still make class 2 hitches for the MF65. Thanks for any info
Geoff Gane Tommy ,on every new 65 that came out there was a pair of interchangable cat1 and cat 2 ends for the end of the link arms...the arms were made with spring loaded catches to accommodate the changing from cat1 to cat 2....over the years the ends will more than likely have been lost as the tractor has moved on from one owner to the other...if your tractor has anything else than the type of arms/ends I have mentioned it is not sandard equipment and will have been fitted somewhere along its life....if you need any more help I will try to provide it....Best regards...Geoff
Tommy yes my tractor does have larger holes on the end of the lift arms where they attach to the tractor. Does this mean I can swap ends with them and make a cat.2? This is my first tractor and I am learning all I can and need all the help you can send my way
Geoff Gane Yes Tommy you have got it right....is there any chamce you could pick up an operators handbook somewhere?..that is meant to give you most of the answers you should need....is there anMF dealer near you?..or do you know someone else who might have a handbook you might be able to borrow and have a quiet evening reading up on your tractor?...if you need any more help I will do what I can...Best regards...Geoff

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: