Massey Harris 8' offset disk- rebuild advice needed

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Massey Harris 8' offset disk- rebuild advice needed

Louis My dad gave me his Massey Harris offset disk. The disk blades need to be replaced, any idea where to find blades and shaft seals?
He also think he remembers that the gang shafts are lubricated with gear oil and have oil seals - is this true?
The disk is about 8 foot wide, has twenty two blades, 11 in back, 11 in front. The back blades are 21", the front are 17". Hard to tell due to wear. It doesn't have road wheels for transport but is perfect for my cow-calf operation.
He told me he changed blades 25 years ago and bought seals and blades from our local MH dealer which is now out of business.
The steel is in great shape, just needs new blades so I hate to junk this old workhorse. I searched the postings for information with no luck.

Thanks for the help,
Louis

Leon Have some sources for your blades and bearings
post your adress,and will send you some info.

Louis Thanks Leon, I sincerely appreciate the help.

my email is lpeter@wcnet.net

Do you know if the gang shafts are oil lubricated and have oil seals?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: