MF 135 front crank shaft oil seal

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF 135 front crank shaft oil seal

1086 IH Can the the front crank shaft seal be replaced without removing the timing cover ??
THANKS bILL v

Geoff Gane No problem....I have done it myself many times....going by the book the timing cover should be slackened off and the new seal fitted....the pulley temporarily fitted and then the timing cover retightened....this makes sure the timing cover/seal are central on the pulley....If you need any more help please get in touch.....Best regards....Geoff
1086ih I forgot to mention this is on a perkins diesel with an aluminum cover. Will the cover hold up to prying the seal out or will it need to be cut with a dremel tool?
THANKS for the reply.
Bill V

Geoff Gane Bill you can use your dremel if you wish but the easiest way and the way I have used for more years than I care to remember is to make a hook either out of 1/2"" square bar or round bar and hook it in behind the lip of the seal....bend the other end of the bar into an "L" shape so you have something to hammer on and then knock on the end of the bar and the seal should come out....If you need any more help let me know....Best regards...Geoff

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: