3 point MF2705 hung

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

3 point MF2705 hung

Jerry Did some searches, and appears others have had problems with MF 3 points hanging. My is hung in the up postion. Linkage appears intact. How do I go about getting this unstuck?
Jerry Failed to add this is on a MF2705.
Geoff Gane Jerry there was a problem with 2000 series tractors lifts sticking up....the problem was the control valve....I can't remember if it was too long or too short but in the cases where lifts stuck up the modified valve cured the problem....I have fitted many and as far as I know all were trouble free after.....Best regards....Geoff
Chris I have an MF 2705 and the 3 PT linkage was stuck up. I found that when i got it, the gearbox oil was a bit low. when i topped it up and put the responce to fast it still did not come down.
I hung around 70 Kg's of it and it came down. after that it freed up fine. good luck.

Keith Take the big square plate off the back of the tractor. The control valve is bolted to the back side of it. take it apart and clean it out good. It should work fine after that. These valve have a real problem sticking if the get any metal shaving or dirt in them. good luck

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: