no hydraulics & no PTO #255

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

no hydraulics & no PTO #255

Lowell I got something stuck in the snowblower today , and after I dug it out , the PTO would not turn and the hydraulics would not work to lift the blower. Any help would be appreciated.

1976 Massey 255

Thanks

Big Dean Sounds like you have a two stage clutch and your PTO disc is slipping it is what turns both the hydraulic and the PTO If I can be further help email me
Lowell Bi Dean:
It was and is 45 below here with the windchill , is it possible that , the disc you mentioned could of froze up. I had been blowing snow for about an hour when this happened.

I have no cab and I was about froze up.

thanks for your help

Lowell Big Dean:
If my problem is a slipped disc is this a major fix , like take the transmission out or is it something simple. Thanks for your help.
Lowell

Big Dean Hi Lowell
I doubt the cold had anything to do with the clutch slipping but if the hydraulic oil had water in it could lock up the three point pump but it should have been lockup when you first started.
My guess is that when the blower stop then it probably ripped the lines from the disc or twisted out the disc drive hub. If it is the clutch disc then you will have to split the tractor between engine and the transmission and replace the disc.If I can be of further help email me

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: