Massey Ferguson 245 hydraulics

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Massey Ferguson 245 hydraulics

chuck Graham I recently purchased a Massey 245 tractor with a gas engine. I think it was originally diesel and has been converted. Everytime i used the hydraulics either the 3 Pt hitch or the loader i hear a heavy knocking noise from up front like a bottom end engine noise.Worse when i am lifting heavy loads..It has gotten worse.. Is there a internal shaft used to drive the hydraulic pump?I am wondering if anyone else has experianced this if it is a comman issue.. Thank you in advance.
Massey 470 From reading big dan's posts on other machines on this site he continually asks if the hydraulic pump is located at the front of the machine or near the back of the machine. I think that if your machine had a diesel engine and someone swapped it out for a gas enging they would have problems reconnecting the hydraulic pump shaft if it is at the front of the machine. I dont think a gas engine could drive a pump or any thing that was originally designed for a diesel because diesel engine operate at slower rpm's. Therefore if a conversion was done and they connected an original diesel powered shaft to a gas engine than it might be too fast and too weak to properly operate the shaft or pump. That would be my concern. Good luck!

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: