massey 175 pto

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

massey 175 pto

bill Hi, I have a Massey 175 with a loader. The pump is an external pto type. The tractor has only 2000 hours but the pto shaft has become wobbley when using with the pump on. Before I could get it looked at the pto shaft snapped off at the tractor. I was going to take the four bolts off which holds a plate around the shaft to see what is needed for repair, but was wanting some direction so I didnt take of or screw up more than I repair. Also where would I find a new shaft?
Geoff Gane Bill,first of all you will need to drain the oil and then remove the 4 bolts you were talking about,behind that there is a thinner plate held on with 2 slotted countersunk screws...remove them and the plate ,...you will see a large round bearing/seal housing....remove that(a bit more difficult with with a broken shaft)and then you should be able to pull the shaft out....you might be able to get a second hand one from a breakers yard or your local MF dealer....hope this helps you....Regards...Geoff
bill Thanks for the info......I have been busy and have not tackled the job. I have removed the counter sunk screws and the thin plate. I am stumped on what to do. How does the bearing and seal come out? If I drill the broken shaft and tap a bolt in the center can I use a puller and pull the shaft out at this time? Someone suggested opening a plate on the drivers side of the tractor and prying the shaft out, would you suggest that. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Bill

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: