MF65 Remote Hydraulic

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF65 Remote Hydraulic

Roy I need to fit my MF65 with a single-control remote hydraulic to raise (but not lower) a Hesston PT7 mower/conditioner. My local mechanic tells me that the simplest way to do this is to remove the plug from the top of the plate beneath the seat, fit it with a hydraulic line with a quick-release fitting on the other end. Then, when I want to use the PT7 he said I should chain the 3pt. hitch lift arms to the axle (so they resist and divert pressure to the line going to the PT7. Then, he says, the regular 3pt lift control will activate the PT7 hydraulic line very quickly since no fluid is going to raise the lift arms. Does this make sense? Any suggestions or comments on this idea?
(The PT7 is the only equipment that I will ever need remote hydraulics for on this tractor.)

Big Dean Hi Roy
You can do it like that or built a T bar with a cross piece that connects between the lift arms with a bar welded in the center of it that connects where the top link connects to keep the lift arms feom moving. You can get a $100.00 diverter valve that bolts in place of the transfer cap on top of the liftcover to switch from three point to remote hydraulic. Email me if I can be of further help on this.

Roy Dean,
Thanks a million. I'll take you up on your offer to ask a few more questions:
1. I assume that I connect the hydraulic hose to the left (clutch side) of the cover plate. It has a plug in it that looks like where I should attach a hose. Right?
2. If I decided to go the diverter valve route, would I use something like Valu-Bilt has in the catalog as a "converta dirctional valve" (p. 37, $98, item 523621. See at: If so, how would I connect the hoses?
Thanks again,

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup




Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]


Sign Up For Our Monthly Special Sales!