Massey Ferguson type 145-8

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Massey Ferguson type 145-8

Barrie My Massey Freguson was manufactured in France, in, I think, 1969. Alongside the Type details are the figures "SNMDY-A". I am a complete novice about tractors, although I am reasonable at DIY mechanics. I live in France.

The clutch pedal has always been liable to slipping on its pin, and I have re-adjusted it often. However, the gears began to grind more and more badly when I tried to engage them. The last time I adjusted the clutch pedal The gears would not quite disengage, with the result that the tractor would not readily stop at all when in gear. After I stopped it, I could not engage the gears at all without an almighty crunching in the gearbox. There does not now seem to be any obvious external way of sorting out the problem. After my last adjustment the clutch pedal appears to be positioned just where it should be.

Can anybody advise me what to do, or where to go for helpful information? Also, where can I get a manual for this machine?

Incidentally, I cannot see an obvious gearbox oil top up port. I have topped up the oil previously by putting it in the dipstick port. The box needs oil again, so if somebody can tell me where the top up port is, I would be grateful.

Needless to say, I have parked the tractor up until I can find out what to do. I have a bad feeling that the problem may cost me some money, but I have very little.

Barrie Am I missing something, or has nobody responded to my cry for help on Monday July 31st?

I would be very grateful for any advice.

Mick Dyer Hi Barrie

Im in a very similar situation to you; an englsihman living permanently in France 38*** near Grenoble; always wanted, but never owned a tractor; now owning a 145 (1967 vintage). This one has to work for a living, next week sees it digging out a new champ dependage (sp?) The only thing I know (I Think) is that teh 145 was a variant of the 135 specifically for the french market - which is why maybe no-one outside of France has replied.

Hope to hear from you

Regards

Mick Dyer

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: