massey ferg. 135 diesel

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

massey ferg. 135 diesel

Darin Alguire
bare with me. when I am using the bucket but, have a implement attached to the 3 pt. hitch I cannot keep the implement from lowering unless I direct hydralic pressure via the valve located behind the gear shifter back the 3 p.h. position then draft up on the selector to my right. Once up I then redirect my hydralic pressure back to the bucket. Why does my 3 pt. hitch continue to lower. (time frame 5 minutes). Do I have an O ring somewhere that is allowing the hydralic fluid to slip by when not under constant pressure?

Darin

Big Dean Hi Darin
I am assuming you have one of the two spool MF diverter valves on the liftcover in front of the seat where the left spool acts as a diverter valve where when it is pulled back the three lift works and when it is in the center position the right lever can be used to operate a remote cylinder like a loader. If that is what you have when the left lever is in the center position the three point lift cylinder is isolated from the rest of the system if it leaks down when the valve is in the center then the lift cylinder is leaking the cylinder probably has bad rings and my guess it also has scores in the cylinder wall. Now and then you will run across one of those old valves the spools are wore enough that they will let it leak off around the spool.
To check the lift cylinder for leaks remove the access plate on the right side of the rear center housing it is the plate with the dipstick and response lever in it. Raise something on the three point look in the access hole. If the lift cylinder is leaking oil will be running down from the top where the lift cylinder is located. Hope this helps If I can be of further help email me.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: