massey 470 loader losing hyd. fluid

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

massey 470 loader losing hyd. fluid

Randy
Hello, I am in need of some information and possible trouble shooting ideas. I just purchased and older(late 60's/early 70's) MF 470 wheeler. Perkins 4 cyl. diesel, front wheel steer. when operating bucket/lift and when revving engine to do so, I lose Hyd. fluid in large quantities from what I believe is the breather on top of transmission. When I stop lift and let off throttle, it over flows even with a low amount of fluid in resevoir. The breather it flows from is located to right and above the power steering unit(I believe on the tranny) Anyone with any idea please help.

Thanks
Randy 814 392-1274

Case450 The power steering unit is located right at the bottom of the steering column under the floor. I dont fully understand where exactly your leak is and when exactly it's happening. Your transmission hydraulic lines are seperate from the bucket hydraulics. It is possible a line may have been connected in teh wrong place. Does your machine move around normally while operating the bucket? If you have to rev hard to get your hydraulics to work than you have a bad hydraulic pump. Email me if you need more help. I have a parts manual and can scan the hydraulic schematics so you can double check your lines. Good luck!
Brad LaRocque I have the same loader, does anyone know where I can get steering pump for it, or where to have mine rebuilt

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: