mf135oil

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

mf135oil

steve tucker what type of oil can i use in hydraulics on this tractor?Ive been an 8n guy til now and havent had a chance to get a manual yet!thanks, steve
Geoff Gane Steve the oil I always used was a multi-purpose ....sometimes called universal...in other words the same oil in the engine ...gearbox and hydraulics/rear axle....this what all UK spec 100 series tractors use so can't see any problem with any other country.....Best regards....Geoff
steve tucker Thanks for the reply.Useing hyd oil in the engine does sound a little odd though?
Geoff Gane I think you have misunderstood what I said Steve,..it's not hydrauloc oil as such...the engine oil...the gearbox,the back axle/hydraulics can all be filled out of one grade of oil....namely a multi-purpose or universal oil...don't know what the equivelant is for non UK countries but your operators handbook should be able to tell you...as should your local lubricant supplier...hope this has helped....Regards...Geoff
Big Dean The US built MF135 tractors use the Massey Ferguson Permatran 3 one of the the good universal Trans/Hyd oils that meets the MF specs sold about everywhere that sells oil. That oil is also what goes in the power steeringon the MF100 series tractors.
MasseyFl Hold the phone. Nobody has mentioned whether the MF135s in question have a diesel engine, or gas engine. Oil for the Continental Z145 (for example) is certainly NOT the same as for the hydraulics.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: