MF 65 Brake Change

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF 65 Brake Change

Shane I have a basic service manual but it doesnt go into much detail about renewing the brakes on my Mf 65. Just wondering if anyone has any information or advice on the process of changing the brake discs on this tractor. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Geoff Shane this is job I have done many times and is relatively straight forward although there are a few things to watch. Drain the oil and remove 1 side at a time..if there is oil contamination on the discs you will have to renew the oil seals which should be done anyway as a matter of routine...when you assemble 1st lay in a disc,then the actuator with the head of the clevis pin that holds on the breakrod pointing to the differential....THIS IS IMPORTANT..the reason being you can change a brakerod if it breaks without removing to axle as there is room inside to remove the clevis pin....if the pin is in the other way round you can't....repeat the ptoceedure for the other side,remembering that you have the difflock to contend with as well....I hope this is of help to you please come back for any more info you might need..Good luck...Best regards....Geoff
Shane Thanks Geoff for your information. I think the majority of the job is pretty simple but it is the little detail bits that come with experience that will make life so much easier. So thanks again, I appreciate your help.

Cheers...Shane

doyle Trying to change the brake disc on my mf65. I have removed everything down to the axle shaft.
how do you withdraw the axle shaft from the Axle
Housing?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: