175 massey losing power

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

175 massey losing power

tom rose this year while doing hay, mowing and rolling there were several times when my 175 lost power while in a hard pull. Then after gearing down to compensate it will run ok for a while. i finally got done, but before another year i need to correct this. I changed fuel and air filters. Could this possibly be the injector pump
Geoff Hi Tom,there is a filter located on the end of the tap in the fuel tank,they atr prone to blocking,you obviously have to remove the tap to check it,it is also prone to coming off the end of the tap,dismantle the tap and clean it out at the same time,...there is another filter in the hand priming pump and another one situated in the end of the main injector pump,...to get at it you have to remove the pipe thet feeds the injector pump and the unoin it screws into...remove the gauze filter and clean it out....these are the first things to check before going to the trouble of removing the main injector pump....if you need any more help let me know and I will see what else I can do for you...Best regards....Geoff

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: