mf165 high oil pressure

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

mf165 high oil pressure

Doug Murray I had my Perkins 203 completely rebuilt professionally. Since firing it up, it has had a small oil leak at the bottom of the clutch housing, which I understand could mean the rear main seal, the cup plug, or the four lower retaining bolts. But I've noticed that the oil pressure is REALLY high: on a hot engine its pegged, and down to 400 rpm (almost stalled!) its still 60 psi!! Are these values normal?
MF Poor The leak through the bellhousing weep hole could be as simple as the rear oil pan gasket. (I just went through that on my 3-cyl Perkins.)

Oil pressure could be a bevy of issues. (stopped up oil passage, pump relief stuck, ect....)

What type of oil are you using. (weight)

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: