MASSEY 471 Air in fuel system

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MASSEY 471 Air in fuel system

Robert Arthur Recently had busted fuel line. Replaced the line now have to get air out of the system. Manual shows how to get the air out but fuel tank has to be removed at the time air is released inorder to get to the high pressure lines. Im thinking i will have to connect tank to fuel system with longer temporary lines. No other way i can think of to perform air release and supply fuel at the same time. My question is after i get the air out and unhook the temp lines to reinstall tank wont air re-enter the system? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. THANKS
Big Dean You can loosen just one injector line at the pump to bleed that part of the you do not have to loosen but the one line at the pump you di not have to loosen them at the injectors. I have been bleeding them like this for over 30 years. It works just as well as loosing all three lines at the injectors. Hope this helps.
Robert Arthur Thank you Big Dean Very Helpful. Im assumeing you are talking about where high pressure line comes out of the pump? The manual that came with the tractor shows that you must loosen both high pressure lines at the atonomizer (injectors) which unfortunatley for me are directley under the fuel tank. Thank you for the quick response and sorry for my slow return, i am on 12 hour night shift at the moment.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: