Slow raising of front-end loader & bucket.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Slow raising of front-end loader & bucket.

Bobby In the past week my Massey Ferguson 245's loader arms got very slow. I checked the hydraulic oil and there is plenty. I assume that the dip stick down on the right below the seat is the only hydraulis reservoir. The lift ares raise very slowly and the bucket curls slowly also.
Big Dean You probably have a dirty filter screen it can be accessed after you drain the trans/hyd oil there is a small plate on the bottom of the rear center housing. You remove that plate (careful it will have oil laying in it) there is a keeper for the nut remove it remove the nut and spring and the filter will come out through that hole.
Bobby I'm embarrassed to ask but where is the Hydraulic oil drain plug? I have been unable to find it. I have a Massey Ferguson 245.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: