MF 135 hydraulics noise

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF 135 hydraulics noise

Tim I have a 1965 MF 135. When ever I load the link arms, a knocking / rattle develops from the transmission case. At low weights it's quiet. The noise starts at about 600kg load (at the arm ends), well under the rated maximum. Does anyone have any ideas what this might be before I start dismantling things.
Geoff Hi Tim,..this is quite a common noise from MF hydraulics...9 times out of 10 there is nothing to worry about as it is caused by the drive gears to the hydraulic pump working under pressure when the hydraulic pump is under load....it's known as Henderson Knock....occasionally a bush in the endplate of the hydraulic pump comes adrift or a pump support pin breaks...the choice is yours as to what path you want to take...if you need any more info you can contact me and I will see what I can do to help.....Regards....Geoff
Tim Thanks Geoff. That sounds like it. Can the support pins be checked without removing the pump, or will the pump drop slightly, making relocation of the pins difficult.
Geoff Hi Tim,....yes the pins can be checked one at a time....the pump is also supported by the PTO shaft front and behind the pump....remove the pins separately and check them then refit them....you may find when you try to get them back in again things are a bit tight....loosen the PTO shaft a bit and you will have a bit of play......Regards..Geoff
Tim Geoff,
Thanks for your help.

Doon Hi, i have the same problem on my 35 but then all of a sudden something let go and now there is a very loud knock with the clutch out, but quiet when depressed. any ideas? Cheers.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: