MF 150 steering problem

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF 150 steering problem

Matthew I have a MF 150, mid 70's model. Power steering turns to the right easily. It is very difficult to turn to the left. No leaks, fluid level never seems to change. Does anyone have suggestions or tips that might help me locate the problem ?
Geoff Gane Hi Matthew,not sure what the model MF 150 is as I'm only used to UK spectractors but the system as far as I know should be the same,from what you say it sounds like the power steering is out of adjustment,open the front grille of the tractor and you will see the large adjustind losknot and tapered adjusting screw...disconnect the adjustable link attached to it and screw the adjusting screw in as far as it will go then out again 7 full turns...then udjust the adjustable link evenly on both ends so as the pins just fall in freely...try the steering now...you may have to either lengthn or shorten the link to give equal steering on both sides...occasionally you may have to screw the maun tapered screw out a bit more...by playing around with the main adjusting screw and the adjustable link you should be ale to achieve equal power steering to both sides....providing nothing is excessively worn or broken....if you need more help fel free to come back for more help
Big Dean Hi Matthew
Those tractors have a couple of pins that if they get any wear on them it will cause the problem you are having. They are the pins the hold the centering turnbuckle in place. That is what I have found causing that problem about 95 percent of the time a lot of times you will think there is not enough wear on them to cause a problem but there probably is it don't take much. I have a picture that shows the location of those pins. I can email you if you will send me an email address where to send it.

Boo Lyles I really appreciate this info. I have a 1958-ish model 65 massey. Except it will steer..you can turn to the left with one finger..but to the right it's what some call armstrong power steering....just good info that I had to comment on thanks ....BOO !

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: