MF35 transmission oil

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF35 transmission oil

Robin Pringle What type of oil should I put in the gearbox/lift on a MF 35?... The old oil was contaminated with water and emulsified.
Geoff Gane Hi Robin....when I was a service engineer I used to fill the transmission/gearbox/hydraulic system with universal or multi purpose oil and had no problems
Robin Pringle Multi-purpose oil??? ...Would that be say SAE 30, as in engine oil???... Or is it some other oil type known by some other name in Canada?

Thanks,

Robin

Geoff Gane Robin I'm not sure what your equivelant in Canada would be...we only used multi-purpose or universal oil as it used to be called...you may have a lubrication chart or be able to contact your local oil/fuel distributor who should have a chart and be able to supply you with the correct grade of oil you need.
wombat Be careful what oil you use. The hydraulics can act up with the wrong one. You will need about 6 gallons so this is not a cheap job so go to your fuel depot and order the correct oil for your area. Clean the hydraulic filter before refilling. Big Dean has some instructions pn how to do this so check his site.
WilliamBos Hey Robin,

I would not use anything other than Permatran from your MF/AGCO dealer. It is around $57CAD for a 20L pail, and worth every penny. Other fluids are cheaper, but if you ever have a failure from the cheaper stuff, you will be kicking you butt!!

Take care,

Will

Dave The trans./hydraulic/diff. require hydraulic compatable fluid. I use HTD oil avalable at C.T.C.

BMil Does anyone know if I can use JD Hy-Gard oil in my MF-135 transmission?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: