MF 135 PTO

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF 135 PTO

12Wayne My pto is jamed up and I can't disengage it. I can start the tractor with the clutch pressed down all the way. When I start to let out the clutch the PTO wont turn and the engine bogs down. Any help would be appreciated.
Geoff Gane Well Wayne..2 things spring to mind that I have come accross and depending on what pto set up you have..!st is that your hydraulic lift may be stuck up and the pumm is dead ending..ie it is pumping all the time and the oil pressure has nowhere to go causing the engine to be pulled down...the other explanation is if you have independant pto..(ipto) that the clutches in the pack have welded themselves together..ie the pack plates have burnt out and the effect here is also that your lift will be pumping against a dead end...is there a burnt oil smell on the oil?..if so that would back up the theory that the pto plates are shot...its a lot to go into here but that is the basic things I would check if I was handling a fault like that..good luck...don't be afraid to come back to me for more help if you need it...if you are in the uk..on GB my phone no is 01573 226 400 if you need more help
Big Dean Water in the oil and it has froze in the pump is the first thing that comes to mind this time of the year.If that is it don't try to run it till it thaws it can shatter your pump.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: