Massey 1533 compact

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Massey 1533 compact

Jim Harmon I am planning on purchasing a new MF compact 1533 4wd tractor. Any advise or warnings??
Trevor I bought a 1528 this past fall, love it!!! HP is not a problem, lots of power, I have the industrial tires, nice, but in mud and ice traction still is never good enough, but then again, that's not the tractors fault. You'll love it,quite, clean great on fuel, I wouldn't buy anything else.
teddy hello. i purchased a 1533 last fall and already have problems. have you have any clutch/transmisson problems?
Mark Armstrong I bought a 1533 about 3 months ago 2/07...overall it's an OK tractor. I have issues with a hydraulic pump that is drawing in air and creates a knocking sound which can make the loader "jerky" at times. Massey sent me a larger micron hydraulic filter and new fluid but this did not cure the problem. Also, if your buying a synchro-shuttle, note that these units DO NOT come equiped with a leveling box on the three point, only the bolt and thread type, unlike the hydrostat. Has anyone else had these pump issues?
Steve Good tractor but I am also having hydraulic problems. Had air in the system found the bleeder valves on the top of the pump and now the front end loader only raises half way up.
Bruce
Re: Massey 1533 compact

model 1533 platform with 1525 fel. main valve body for loader hydraulics has a small (3/16") machined hole in the underside, near a threaded hex headed stop plug. Suddenly lost all fluid through this hole .. Pressure release?? Any ideas???
Dealer has no idea

Chuck I have just purchased a 1533 and the front left tire has had all 6 of the lugs back out 2 times. The tire has fallen completely off. I found 4 of the 6 lug nuts less than 100 feet from the place the tire fell off. Any suggestions or others experiencing this problem?

Chuck

Bob I have a 1533 with 200 hours on it and the clutch went. The dealer is telling me I must be riding the clutch but my wife and I have driven standard cars before with no problems. I just got a $2,500 invoice for parts and labour. Does this sound reasonable. Please advise.
Jim I am having the same problem Bruce is having. Does anyone have any solutions?
bradley Haveing the same problem as Mark Armstrong just wondering if any body has found a cure to the problem
Bruce In regard to my previous post I would like to say that the fix for this problem is to drill and tap the hole and then use a stop plug. I did this on mine and others here did also.. Thats all..

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: