URGENT - Rough running & RED HOT MANIFOLD

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

URGENT - Rough running & RED HOT MANIFOLD

Francis I Need help, really...

Hum, My trusted MF1085 with a 318 Perkins, started to lose power a bit,(just in the last few days) then was running rough and barely running at all. With 12 inches of snow on the ground and three laneways to do... :(

I barely made it back from the mother-in-law, engine close to stalling, no power, barely picking-up speed... When I finally got home, The manifold was RED HOT! I am not kidding! I was missing a gallon of engine cooler.

A mechanic I call suspected gas in the fuel. I just filled it up at the pump from the local station (not a mixup of fuel containers) I have pulled some fuel out, it'a a bit more yellow than the new fuel I bought (from a different station). It does not light up with a match.

I also checked the timing. It was a bit off, but very little.

The engine will start alright, but runs very rough. After starting it again, I went back and forth for MAYBE five minutes with it (After the timing adjustement and the bleeding fun) to see if it would clear up. When I stepped down, (it was dark outside by now), the manifold was RED HOT AGAIN and half the MUFFLER TOO!!

Damn it! What the hell is going on with my favorite (and desperately needed) tractor?

Thanks in advance to all!

Francis

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: