massey 231 auxiliary hyd pump

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

massey 231 auxiliary hyd pump

bobby can i add a auxiliary pump to a 231. I have a quick
attach loader for hay and bush hog alot need to use
both at the same time. using a valve on top of trans
to switch back and forth now.

Big Dean I am not sure on the MF231 but I am sure you can add the factory auxiliary hydraulics to them I have done it on the MF200 and MF100 series. It very expensive to do and a lot of work. For the older tractors I always got them from a salvage tractor. The MF231 was a fairly new at the time I retired and I done very little work on them but I think the parts for doing it from an MF200 series or a late MF100 series will fit. You can install a front mounted pump that is driven by the front pulley of the crankshaft on them. I don't remember what is involved in doing that though on a MF231. Hope this helps some. I was a mechanic for MF dealers for 27 years.
bobby Thank you, I had an idea maybe you can give me your thoughts. They make a hyd. pump for log splitters
that has 16 gpm could this be adapted to the fan belt to drive the loader with a small resivor added
the MF dealer said that 16 gpm would be a good flow for this loader.

greg how is the shaft for the front mounted hydrolic pump attached to the front pully on the crankshaft of the MF231? Is it just a spline or some type of rubber coupling?
TxRooster Installing the hydraulic pump isn't as difficult as it is expensive. If the quick detach loader setup is like the MF232 loader setup, it has the hydraulic oil reservoir built in the right rear loader frame. The front mount hydraulic pump mounts to an inline mount replacing the OEM front bumper, while the pump drive shaft passes through beneath the radiator (through a 2"w x 4" long opening you cut in the lower radiator shroud. The shaft screws into an adapter that bolts to the face of the crank pulley. (BTW, the shaft is LH thread, don't ask how I found out) You may have to 'spread' the front section from the engine framework about 1/4-1/2" to get the shaft adapter in place, easily done w/ a floor jack under the oil pan area to only take the weight off the front slightly during the process, while you loosen the 6 bolts connecting the lower front. You will find it easier if you go ahead and remove the protective covers/shrouds at the alternator and the lower left side of the radiator. You'll have to remove the L&R front lower body panels to remove the radiator shroud (don't forget the 2 shroud screws that connect the inner upper shroud to the top engine cover body panel. Good luck, w/ all the peices assembled, it should be a weekend project.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: