hyd. lift

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

hyd. lift

john does any one know if they make a wrench or socket to adjust or remove the nut form master control spring on a massey ferguson 240 1996 model tractor lift cover. i have some play in the lift and it is causing a unevenly jerking when raising. I cannot get the nut to turn. The set screw is loose that holds the nut.
Geoff Gane Hi John...yes there is a proper tool for adjusting the draft control spring but I can't remember the MF part no for it....I used to use a hammer and punch and knock the nut carefully round until it takes up the play...make sure that the arms are down and both levers are in the lowest positions and undo the licking screw and tap the nut round until the free play just leaves the spring..it's best to remove the complete spring assembly first then check that it isn't slack on the shaft...if it is,knock the retaining pin out and tighten it until you can just turn it by hand,refit the pin,refit the spring assembly then adyust it as I have said...if you need any more help just come back and I will see what I can do for you...good luck mate.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: