Sleeves honed

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Sleeves honed

mark from the fort Do machine shops still re hone wet sleeves?
I have a 35 tore down and the sleeves look just wore enough that I think they need honed. Or am I better off with newly bought ones? I assume the shops match new rings with amount of inner wall removed....correct? Thanks, Mark

Geoff Gane Hi Mark,the liners on a 35 are dry liners ..not wet..so you can hone them if you want and you don't need oversize rings if you do that..only if you re-bore but as you can't do that with a 35 engine why not fit new pistons and liners if you are going to keep your tractor for a while yet?You can buy engine overhaul kits that give you pistons,liners,piston rings and gaskets...you will have to buy bigend shells separately depending if the crankshaft has been reground before...hope this gives you some help mate you can come back for some more help if you need it....I live in UK...Scotland.
Big Dean Hi Mark
I assume with wet sleeve you have Z134 Continental engine in your 35. They can be honed in the block if you bolt them down so they won't spin while you are running the hone in them. That is how I always did them but I am sure a machine shop could hone them out of the block. As long as you don't hone them to much standard ring will work in them.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: