MF 2705

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF 2705

Kobi Are there any known problems or weaknesses with the 2705? I am thinking to get one for snow removal using a PTO driven blower.

Cheers, Kobi

Ron My brother has one.They are ok,i would get one with the 8 speed trans.Also be sure to bring the tractor to a full stop before shifting between ranges.The linkage binds up if the tractor is moving .I think they are a good machine if they have been taken care of.
Bob Ring
Re: MF 2705

I've got one 24speed
6 cyl inline perkins.
after suffering thru a winter with 2 bad batteries. It seems to be working fine (but it's summer)
Push the lucknow 9' snowblower with no issues.
except the wife seems to bust shear pins all the time but I expect that's a throttle control problem.
Throws snow 40 to 60'
agree on Ron's note on the linkage. Correcting a bound one is a pain.

KC 2705's are not for everyone thats for sure. Although they get a bad rap and sometimes it's deserved, if you follow these strict rules they are a good tractor for the low cost.
1-Do not downshift the powershift in any gear above 4th without stopping.(24 speed) the transmission cannot handle the reverse pressure.

2-Do not shift the main transmission while in motion (NEVER)It binds the shift forks and gets it stuck in gear.
After owning five of these I believe 75% of the common problems are caused by these two operator errors.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: