I know NOTHING about Massey's.. Start me out!

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

I know NOTHING about Massey's.. Start me out!

Slideways Hey guys,
I was just given a MF from a friend of mine. After some pictures i realized it is a TO20 or a TE20?? I dont know where to find the serial # to find the year. I found the engine serial though.

So here's the deal. It needs axle seals. They leak onto the brakes and they dont work to well. What is involved in doing this? Should i fix the brakes too when i have the wheels off?

The engine has a pretty bad knock at anything above idle. I'm sure it will last forever but is there a good solution for this?

The owner converted it to 12v except the alternator/generator. Do i just need a 12v Generator to complete the process?

I just blew the rear tire and i am unsure of what the procedure would be to replace it.

Any help appreciated!!
Thanks

Geoff Gane well mate ..in for a penny and lots of pounds I think.The ser.no.is on a plate above/below the steering wheel,it will begin with tef/ted/tea.The halfshaft seals will have to be replaced and brakes overhauled at the same time..the engine knock might be down to air intake restriction or more seriously crankshaft/piston trouble...what does the oil pressure gauge register?You will need a 12v generator and also change the bulb in the dashboard light to 12v...make sure the starter motor is 12v now as well..good luck
Slidewsy Oil pressure is good. I think its at about 40psi running and 25 idle. The starter is 12v. There is no dashboard light (tractor isnt nicely restored)
The reason i need the 12v generator is that the guy said the 6v wont recharge the batter well enough usually.

Geoff Gane If the original system was 6volt then everything would be balanced ,if a 12volt battery was fitted to give extra cranking power then it becomes unbalanced and yes you would need a higher output dynamo....hope some of this information has been of some constructive help to you mate and you can sort some of your problems out....Geoff
Slideways Ok so i'll have to do that eventually.

Is there a good website out there on how to change a rear tire? What does an 11.2/28 tire usually cost?

Thanks

Geoff Gane I think the best way to find out how to change a tyre is to find a tyre fitting company who will be able to give you expert advice,hints and tips on what to do...they will also be able to advise on ptices as well.....hope this helps......Geoff

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: