Massey Ferguson 35 (gas) with factory loader

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Massey Ferguson 35 (gas) with factory loader

Duggiey Can anyone tell me if this tractor is powerful enough to pick up round hay bales say in the 800# range either with the front loader or the 3 point hitch? The tractor has power steering. Does the 35 mean that it is a 35 horsepower tractor??? Thanks for any advise.
Geoff Gane Hi Duggie,...sorry but can't tell the hp of a gas engined 35..only used to diesels...your tractor will be able to lift hay bales as long as the hydraulics are in good order,as this will put them through the test either way.if you use the 3 point linkage you will need front end weights,keep an eye on the front aele assembly as fore end loaders do put extra strain on them,keep all the loader frame bolts tight as they have been known to break..good loading
Geoff Gane one thing I forgot to mention Duggie and that is you may be safer to set the wheels out to a wider setting for stability
jon Duggiey,

I have a plain jane 35 "deluxe" gas burner.
The biggest thing I ever put on the three point
was a six foot harrow and the tractor handled it but it seemed to be a strain on the hydralics. This probably isn't much help to you, but keep my address sometimes its good to know other peole that have run into other minor problems. I had to have mine rebuilt 1.5 years ago and I learned a lot about the engine. Mine has a Continental Z34 Gas Engine.

jon Duggiey,

Correction, it's a Z134A

duggiey JOn, Do you have any experience using a front end loader on this tractor? I would imagine it is easier to pick up round bales of hay with the 3 point than with the loader. I went ahead and bought this tractor but haven't taken delivery on it yet. The guy I bought it from said he never did any work with the loader.
duggiey Jon, I just read your 2nd email. Thanks, mine is a 35 deluxe also. It has power steering and live hydralics does yours also have these features??
jon Duggiey,

Mine does not have Power Steering. I think you said earlier that it was a factory loader. I can only assume that MF added the PS from the factory to compensate for the loader. Otherwise, I think that it would be almost impossible to steer. But, the answer to your first question is No, I do not have any experience with a loader on my 35.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: