MF235 radiator

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF235 radiator

Jack I need to have a new core installed or buy a new
radiator. So far, I can't find a new one and I think I was 'highballed' on a quote to repair.
Help?

Big Dean Hi Jack
If I remember right the MF235 uses the same radiator as the early MF230 and the early MF245. I have found new radiators for those on the internet for $240 to $290. I have not had a new core put in one since I retired from a MF dealer in 1995 but the best I remember the last one I had done cost about $150 hope this helps some. If I can be of further help email me at daustin62@aol.com

Jack Big Dean,
Do you remember the name of the companies you ordered the radiators from? The early 230, 245
MF's, were they gas or diesel? About what year
were they manufactured.
The radiator shop quoted $385.00 to replace
the core. New radiators for the Mf235, 245 run
$199-$225. I ordered a 230 gas and it will fit
but the bottom hose fitting is wrong. It points
to the side and is too close to the suspension.
The old one has a kind of reversed Z cast fitting
that is about 4" over the suspension and points
at the engine.
This old fitting could be soldered to the new
radiator but I wonder if reliability would be lost along with the $65 extra cost.

Jack

Big DEan Jack working for a dealer we always got any new radiators from Massey Ferguson. Most of the time I just had a new core install at a good radiator shop for about half of the cost of a new one. I would not be afraid to have the hose connection changes by a good radiator shop.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: