Trouble with165 multipower gearbox !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Trouble with165 multipower gearbox !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nganga ( First tractor) We recently bought an MF165 with multipower.the low gear is not engaging efficiently. when the tractor is moving uphill with a loaded trailer the tractor starts reversing and the low gear will not engage again. what could be the problem?
Big Dean Let me see if I understand this right does the tractor actually start rolling backwards down the hill. I was a Massey Ferguson mechanic for 27 years and never seen one do that. I have saw them the ratchet clutch spring was broke and the tractor would not pull in low range. That would also let one roll backwards if the ratchet clutch released in low range while going up hill. If I can be of further help Email me. I probably have some picture that would help you understand what I am talking about If you would like to have them email me at daustin62@aol.com

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: