Massey Ferguson 400 Series

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Massey Ferguson 400 Series

Bob Maige Does anyone have any experience with the new 400 series of MF utility tractors? I have a couple of old Ford 5000's and will probably have to replace at least one in the next year or so. They have about 65 horsepower and I would like no less than that, and preferably more.
MarkinMo Bob,

It's been a while since you posted this but wanted to let you know I have just purchased a 491 model. I looked at JD, NH, Case, Mahindra, and Kubota. Number one factor in my decision was the bottom line price after tradein of my older tractor. It just seemed to me that this tractor had all the essentials I need without a lot of electronic junk that would make it more expensive and harder for me to service. I also have a '98 MF 261 which has been a good tractor so far so that gave me a level of comfort too. I've only put about 4 hours on the new one so far but am very impressed at this point. Couple of minor oi leaks related to loader installation but dealer fixed immediately after I told them.

Bob Maige Thanks for the comments. Most of the farmers around here use Deere, but we have a Massey dealer in town and there is one that doesn't have a Deere on his place. He has always used Fords, and now Massey's since we don't have a Ford or New Holland dealer here. I have two Ford 5000's that are 30+ years old that have never given a minute's trouble and will soon need to replace one of them so I'd like to have another tractor that will give the same type service the Ford's have. I would hate to buy something that I would have to work on more than I work with.
Roger Purchased a 451 4-wheel drive two years. Last couple of weeks the 3 point lift arms would'nt lift anything. Took it back to the Dealer. They had to split the tractor in half to get to the problem. "O Ring" in hyd pump came apart and clogged the system. The tractor has 163 hours on it. Trading it in and getting a 461. Although out of warranty, the Dealer and Massey took care of me.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: