Massey Ferguson MODEL 65 HORSEE POWER??

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Massey Ferguson MODEL 65 HORSEE POWER??

L. Shaw i'm looking for information. what is the working H.P. at pto for MF 65 MODEL TRACTOR? there is a tractor like this that is pulling in farm stock classes, 4500 lbs (45hp), 5500 lbs. (55hp)& 6500 lbs (65hp). when he goes on the dyno, he is only showing 38 to 41 hp. when he cranks it up, he is putting out some serious rmp. question??? can the PTO SHAFT be slipping some how that we as inspectors for the club can't see. what else can we do to police this tractor. what is the working rmp per the manual? we believe he is doing something to cheat. need help. he is kicking all the above classes. 1st 2nd & 3th most of the time. thanks
Big Dean Is it a diesel or Gas engine tractor the best If remember right Massey rated them at 42 HP
Ron Well i think thats funny. He isn't cheating no more than the others.What he has is alot more torque.My diesel according to the book has 51 hp. it is stock.Pto at 540 is around 1650 rpm without looking at the tac .I would say he has this tractor hooked up,because they are heavy in the front it is hard to get a good balance.My guess is he is pulling from the lift arms with braces??It makes it pull good like a farmall with a fasthitch 36 inches back from the axle.That is what i learned with mine.Around here we have a measurement from the end of the pto to the center of the drawbar,i don't recall what it is though,but it keeps it fair.I say let the competion lick their wounds.I don't think he is cheating.
Dale naw, he aint cheatin. them there 65 masseys with the perkins diesel were and are still some bad ass lil tractors. git er done!
Peters From what I know the tractor has a very flat power curve. I can mow with a 7ft brush cutter at an idle, but just step it up a little when I work up the hills. The 7ft BH 287 recommends 50 hp PTO.
Boo Lyles My understanding about these tractors is the "65" or 50 or 35 represents the horsepower...am I right or wrong. My daddy has a (approx) 58 model 65. It pulled a 4 bottom 14" breaking plow. I might be wrong ..but I think the number on the hood is the H.P.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: