TO-30 ferguson governor

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

TO-30 ferguson governor

Willard Schlesener I posted a message on Sep. 6th in regards to the gov. on the engine. Does anyone have an answer?
Big Dean Hi Willard
The compensator spring will effect the throttle lever staying set where you put it but it would not have any effect on the operation of the governor it's self. About 90 percent of the time governor problems are cause by the governor arm to carburetor link being out of adjustment. The length of that link is very crucial on them. To adjust it with the engine shut off open the throttle lever to the wide open position disconnect the link from the governor arm pull the link toward the front of the engine as far as it will move the hole in the link should be a half of a hole forward of the hole in the governor arm if not adjust the clevis so it is and reconnect it and it should operate right. Hope this helps if you have any question email me at daustin62@aol.com.

Joe Dustin or anyone. I have a TO30, It was running so hot the tail pipe was cherry red. I rebuilt the carb. Now when I throtle it up or try to run the bush hog, it dies. Any ideas?
I also replaced the muffler.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: