Urgent Help with MF165

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Urgent Help with MF165

Waverly Morris I have a MF 165 with a Perkins diesel engine. It is a late 60s or early 70s model and I donít have a book or manual on it. The other day I was on the way to the barn and it ran out of fuel. I put more in and the thing will not crank. I never had this happen before. I have killed the battery trying to start it. I have used starter fluid with no luck. I have seed that I have to sow and the nearest dealer is 50 miles away and a $100 pick-up and delivery ticket. Whatís the trick to get it started? Help would be appreciated. Is there a bleed on the fuel system?
Big Dean You will have to bleed the air from the fuel system. I have a picture with details on it for bleeding the fuel system. If you will send me An email address I will email it to you. I cannot send it over the SSB email system. My email address is daustin62@aol.com
Gord It is not uncommon to run a tractor out of fuel !!
Some are more difficult to start than others.
One recommendation do not use quick start, cus all you do is load the engine up.
There is a quick way to start it after refuelling. Does the tractor have Multi Power ??

If not have someone tow with another tractor. I should start within a few lenghts of itself.

If it has MP then you will need to do a Big Dean recommended. I have 3 MF tractors and have learned both ways.

Hope this helps !!

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: