MF35 main drive shaft and gear removal

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF35 main drive shaft and gear removal

Kevin I want to remove the main shaft and gear in the front of the transmission to replace the seals. The problem is that that the PTO drive shaft is not retained by a snap ring as shown in the I&T shop manual and I can't seem to remove it to allow the trans. main shaft to be removed.This is a 1963 model tractor.
Big Dean Kavin On a MF 35 built that late you should have the transmission PTO through shaft with the small end on the front those you have to pull the transmission off the the rear center housing so you can remove the pto shaft out the back of the transmission I have a picture that show how to remove that shaft If you would email me with an email address I would be glad to email it to you. my Email is daustin62@aol.com
ken blackwell BIG DEAN,
I am having the same trouble with a 202 MHF also trying to remove pto shaft so I can replace main shaft gear seals.Should I pull transmission off the rear also.My e-mail is Thanks for help.
Ken

ken blackwell BIG DEAN,
I am having the same trouble with a 202 MHF also trying to remove pto shaft so I can replace main shaft gear seals.Should I pull transmission off the rear also.My e-mail is Thanks for help.
Ken

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: