MF245 & attachments/ value?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF245 & attachments/ value?

Julie Richardson I've got a 1982 MF245 with the Perkins diesel with only 530 hours total. It's equipped with the MF100 model front end loader, York rake, Rotovator, post hole digger, push blade, brush hog, etc.

I'm torn about selling it, but I have moved to the city. What's this thing worth? It runs SO beautifully.

The machine is in Camas Washington, 20 miles outside of Portland OR. I live in Vancouver, WA now.

Thanks!
Julie

Julie Richardson This message was forwarded to me, but I can't seem to find it here. Dan wrote:
Is your tractor and implements still for sale? What exactly is for sale? Age/ condition/ price? Thanks, Dan

Dan,

Thanks for your letter!

Yes, I still have the tractor. It was purchased new by my father in 1982, and I've owned it since 1996. I have a original brochure for the tractor, as well as a shop manual. I also have a general parts book for Ferguson Tractors of that era. I have dad's original sales receipt somewhere.

It's a Massey Ferguson 245 (orchard model) with a Perkins diesel (42 hp @2250 rpm). It only has 530 hours on it. I've operated it with the front end loader and the brush hog since I got it in 1996. I've never hooked up any of the other items. I do know that the front tires are a little bigger than the originals, probably to help accomodate the industrial version front end loader.

It has positraction power steering and a heavy duty swept back front axle.

Here are the other treasures! I'll get a tape measure out there for specific dimensions or label information if you are interested:
MF100 industrial loader
brush hog (at least 4', maybe 4 1/2 feet wide?)
winch--huge--I don't know values for the most part, but dad told me that winch alone was worth $5K.
rotovator 5'?
york rake 5'?
posthole digger 10"?
blade
drag bar (descriptive, not official name) for leveling ground. Broken weld at one spot

I think that with all the implements, she's probably worth at least $15K. I really don't have a justification for keeping it anymore, now that I'm off the acreage. I'm also in the middle of appealing an IRS audit, and although I think I'm right, I want to be prepared in case they win. So, my absolute bottom line on the whole thing is $10K. With just the industrial loader and brush hog, I'd take $8000, and I'll sell the other items individually. If that doesn't work, I'll keep it to help mow the residential grass airport I live on.

The tractor has been kept mostly outdoors throughout it's life. It starts up immediately and runs smooth and strong. I've replaced most of the hydraulic hoses, and recently gave her a new muffler.

My father was an excavator, but he used this one for more personal stuff. I owned 10 acres of timber, so I used it more for mainly for mowing the field and keeping the brush under control. That brush hog is a miracle worker, but it has been used pretty hard. Not pretty, but you'll love it.

I'm located in Vancouver Washington, having moved to a residential airpark last year. The tractor is currently at my previous home, but I should have it down here in a few weeks.

Thanks!
Julie

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: