MF 135

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF 135

Lloyd Lindsay I have a MF 135 Perkins Diesel and can't get it started. I just replaced the solenoid on the starter and just got a momentary spark, now, nothing. Battery is new.
Big Dean I was a Massey Ferguson mechanic for 27 years I use to use a volt meter or a test light to trace a starter problem When using a volt meter you should have about 12 volt when you make these test with a volt meter. This is with a test light touch the test prong to the starter terminal with the battery cable connect to it. It should light up bright turn the key to start if the light goes out or gets dim you have a weak battery or a cable not contacting good. It could be battery cable end corroded or dirty or loose at the other end. if you show to have plenty of voltage there an the solenoid clicks when you turn the key to start check the terminal going to the starter. if you have plenty of voltage there you have a bad starter or a loose or dirt connention there. if the solenoid does not click check the terminals at the neutral safety switch with the key turn to start you should voltage to both terminal if you have voltage at one but not the other it is your neutral safety switch. if you do not have voltage there move up to the starter switch one terminal shoukd have voltage to it at all times and both terminals should have voltage when the key is turned to start. if you do not have voltage at the starter switch you have either a wire loose, broke or a blown fues. You should be able to find your problem like that.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: