TE 20 TVO starting problems

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

TE 20 TVO starting problems

Peter hay all i have a te 20 tvo that will run but only if u tow it round the field with a big tractor! the starter works and will spin the engine over but a soon as it hits compression it stops dead and fuel blowes out of the carb and oil blows out the top of the air filter (oil bath. I have put a new battery on the tractor along with all the other parts but the only i can think of it being is the stater!
Plz Help Me!! Thanx

AJ Sounds as the timing is too far advanced and the engine is kicking backwards,retard the timing and see what happens.
AJ

Peter Thanx AJ u were spot on i retarded the timing and she fired up str8 away. even if it is now only running on 3 cylinders! but i will replace the plugs and the battery 2morrow and i will get back to u!!
Rob Hi from downunder.
I have a TEA-20 (petrol)Which demonstrates the same symptoms but have checked the timing, appears OK, Originally tried to start it after couple of months, gave gunshot backfires out of exhaust and appeared to flood. Put overhaul kit through carby (needle&seat, gaskets, checked jets and float integrity and blew out with air), reset adjustments to manual specs. Checked fuel to carby and tried to start and got nothing! Checked plugs and spark and timing,all OK, tried to fire on ether (aerostart) still nothing.Towed around paddock, under full throttle blows oil out breather and smoke out exhaust. Contemplating that cam may have jumped a tooth, is that likely? Help!

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: