1105 massey fuel in crankcase

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

1105 massey fuel in crankcase

gee I have a 1105 massey diesel. when we purchased it it would start right up then a few years later it would get harder and harder to start, usually crack open an injector line and it would start. This time we got it strarted and the engine oil filled with diesel fuel and started to run out of the dipstick. We thought maybe the fuel pump was bad and pumping diesel in the motor but it seems as if it's ok. Does anyone have an idea what is wrong and how you would fix the problem?
Big Dean The only two things I know of that will cause the crankcase to fill up with diesel fuel is the transfer pump or usually called a fuel pump on the right side of the engine will get a hole in the diaphragm or the Seal in the engine end of the Injection pump leaking. Hope This helps
Gord I havea 1085 MF and I recently had the same thing happen.
In 99% of the time it is caused by the small lift pump on the side of the block.

Once I changed that the problem was resolved.

The pump cost less than $50 and very easy to install.

Hope this helps

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: