165 power steering problem

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

165 power steering problem

john my MF 165 will not turn to the left in cold weather.
Straight ahead and to the right is fine.
As fluid heats up your ability to turn left slowly returns.
What is the problem?

Big Dean Hi John
I was a Massey Ferguson mechanic & shop service manager for MF dealers for 27 years. The number one cause for the problem you are having is caused by the pins on each end of the selector valve centering turnbuckle being worn. even if all you can see on the is a shiny spot that is probably enough to cause that problem. It is very common on that steering system. I have a picture that shows where these pins are located I can Email it to you if you want to send me an Email address. My Email address is daustin62@aol.com

CLD losing power steering fluid any time using tractor where frequent turning is necessary, i.e. mowing, etc. Haven't been able to locate the leak yet. Any advice?
Vernon Big Dean

I have the same problem with my MF 165 only steers one way. I am very interested in how to get it fixed. Any photos or descriptions on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: