Perkins AG3.152 spark plugs

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Perkins AG3.152 spark plugs

Jim Reynolds I am not positive that I have the correct plugs in my MF135. A mechanic that I mistakenly had work on my tractor is more of a Ford tractor mechanic than a MF mechanic. The only manual that I have states that the AG3.152 plugs are Champion N12Y for serial numbers from 15061A and up. The serial number on my engine is 13291A and the tractor dash plate SN is 9A113454. I pulled the plugs and found fouling on plugs 1 & 3 and number 2 was dry with a slight ash deposit. I am replacing condenser, points, wires and plugs along with resetting my carburator. I want to be certain on plug types and wonder if I need a hotter plug over the stock ones. Also if someone could tell me the year my tractor was built, I would appreciate it. I think it is a 1965 but am not certain.
Thanks,
Jim

Big Dean The AG3-152 used three different length or reach plugs the engine serial was used to figure which reach plug was used in the engine. The right reach plugs does make a difference in how the engine performs. Those engine are very touchy to tune up the plugs point settings & timing make a big differentence in how that engine runs and performs.
Jim Reynolds I realize that there are different plugs in reference to the engine serial numbers. What I don't know is which plug that I need pertaining to the serial number listed above. The engine starts up and runs okay but then seems to load up like the fuel is overloading the system. When I start moving the engine will not rev up to take the load.
Jim

Mack Beasley I have an old 3 cyl gas burner and I need to change the plugs. Looking at it, do I have to take the gas tank off to change the plugs or what is the easiest way to change the plugs?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: