MF 135 blowing oil

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF 135 blowing oil

Les Lane I have a 135 Massey with the 3 cylinder Perkins diesel that just started to smoke a lot and blows droplets of oil out the exhaust. It has never used oil before and has 70 pounds of oil pressure. The engine does not miss and there is not a sound of knocking or any other mechanical malfunction. It is not down on power, just smokes and blows drops of oil out the tailpipe. The engine has about 1500 hours on it since major overhaul. Any suggestions?
Many thanks,
Les Lane

Peter UK I think it could be one of two things, it could be that the piston rings are damaged in some way or the filter in the sump before the oil pump could be blocked.
Dont hold me to that though just a thought!!
hope it helps
Peter UK

Les Lane Hi Peter!
Thanks for your input. Just have a question though. If that filter were to be blocked, and I assume you are refering to the filter on the intake of the oil pump, would the engine still have 70 pounds of oil pressure, constantly?
Les Lane

Big Dean Hi Les I was a Massey Ferguson mechanic & service manager for Massey dealers for 27 years. First be sure your oil does not have Diesel fuel in it. That will make one do that some times. Your problem sure sound like an engine that has the ring grooves broke out on one or more of the pistons. They will start and run just fine that way but they will smoke and blow oil out the exhaust. If it has ever had starting fluid used to start it with I am almost sure that is your problem. Those engine do not handle starting fluid well at all it only takes a very little to much one time to break the ring grooves out on the piston on them. I have probably rebuilt 4 to 5 times more engine for that reason than I ever have because they were wore out. I have saw this done on new tractors that had less than a 100 hours on them. I sure hope I am wrong on this one though. If you have any questions Email me at daustin62@aol.com.
AJ If you have a heater glow plug in the intake manifold examine it and make sure it is not letting diesel through it,sometimes those plugs leak neat fuel into the engine and it can cause the symptoms you have.
AJ

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: