wiring

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

wiring

tom rose I have a 175 Massey Diesel and while bush hoging
the wires at the alternator were torn off, since then i have not been able to get the alternator to work properly. I had the alternator checked,(ok)and replaced the Voltage Regulator. Also replaced the Oil Pressure Switch. I can jump the F to Bat terminals and it will charge. Does anyone have a knowledge base about this. The manual says it is the excitation diode, resistence wire, or switch. Now i am not very knowledgeable about electricity. but here is what i think. The diode is shot, and if so where can i find one

Big Dean Hi Tom
If your alternator will charge when you connect a hot wire to the field terminal there is nothing wrong with the alternator. On the MF175 the only place it has diodes is in the alternator if any of those were bad it would not charge when to connect from the battery to the F terminal. It sounds like for some reason you are not getting current from the regulator to the F terminal. I have an easy to follow wiring diagram I drew up to go on a MF100 series repair disc I sell. If you will send me your Email address I will email the diagram to you. If you have any question email me at daustin62@aol.com Oh by the way I was a MF mechanic for 27 years.

William Carr I'm not sure if you'll even get this but i will try,Trying to fix my 175 that the wiring fried in the dash and at the alternator any wiring diagram would be helpful as I have none

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: