MF-35, Bent Steering Column

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF-35, Bent Steering Column

steve Steering was jammed tight so I unloosened the bottom flange to free it. I was thinking the whole shaft would pull clear with the broken steering wheel attached. Do I need to remove the complete housing to take it apart?
Big Dean If you will remove both drag links from the steering gear sector shaft arms you can remove the steering shaft & ball nut from the steering gear when you put it back together both of the gears & ball nut have to be timed.
steve Thanks Big Dean for the reply. Sorry I am not up to speed on the terminology but I have to disconnect the arms from the steering box. Do I then pull the shafts out like the axles on a truck to free the ball nut?
I have to travel some distance to order the books and parts so I am dismantling first to access damage.
Do I need a puller to take the steering wheel off to remove the rear cowl? Again thanks for the help.

Big Dean Steve you do not have to pull the sector shafts or the arms from them you have to pull the drag link tie rod ends (the drag links are the rods that run from the steering gear arms to the arms on the front axle spindles) Once you have them remove from the arms when you pull up on the steering column the sector shaft and arms connected to them cam rotate enough the ball nut on the column shaft can pull right out/ If you want to send me your Email address I can send you a picture showing this. my Email address is daustin62@aol.com.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: