Massey 35 fluids

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Massey 35 fluids

Greg Just got a Massey 35, 1962. Being new to Tractors, can anybody describe where to add the engine oil, hydraulic fluid (for 3 pt hitch) gearbox and axle oils? Also what grades.
Thank you for your time
Greg

Big Dean The engine oil fill neck is on the left side of the engine timing cover the Continental gas engine has what looks like a big pipe cap you unscrew to add oil to it the Perkins diesel either will have a T handle plug or it could have a twist of plug just in front of the injection pump on the timing cover on the left side. I can't remember where it is on the standard diesel engine. We had a service bulletin at the dealership where I was a mechanic & service manager for 27 years on the engine oil from Massey Ferguson that told us to recommend 10w30 and in extrema cold weather to use 5w20. Myself I prefer Shell Rotella T 15w40.
The TO35 and the MF35 used Massey oil M1103 it is an 80/90 wt. mineral oil 80/90 wt GL1 oil will replace it but be sure it GL1 and not any of the other gear oils. if your hydraulics are in good shape you can use the thinner oil that is used in the later tractor. if your hydraulics are not in real good condition when it get hot the lift will not lift a load. the Transmission hydraulic and differential are one big reservoir They all fill through the big plug just to the left of the transmission shift lever. They check with the dipstick in the access plate on the right side of the rear center housing They hole 8 gallons. If I can be of further help Email me at daustin62@aol.com

Greg Thank you very much, that is all I needed.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: