MF 20 3pt log splitter

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF 20 3pt log splitter

John Oleska I have a MF20 Industrial tractor with hydraulic 3pt lift and a PTO. This tractor also has a front loader. I want to install a 20 ton 3pt log splitter. Some people told me that the 3pt hydraulic system only pumps 5GPM and the log splitter will cycle too slow. They said that I should tie into the front loader hydraulic system because it pumps 17GPM. Has anyone done this and how much does it cost? How much pressure does the front pump produce?
Big Dean Who ever told you the three point pump will make log spiltter work very slow was right There are two ways to get power from the loader pump one is by adding a power behond fitting in the loader valve if you can still find one. The other way is to disconnect the line coming from the pump to the loader valve connect a hose to the line run it to the in port of spool valve and run hose from the out port of that valve back to the in port on the loader valve the spool valve has to have an open flow equail to the gallons per minute the pump is rated for. I have done several of these if I can answer any more questions on this Email me at daustin62@aol.com
John Oleska Dean, Thank you for the reply. Can I install a 3 way fitting in the steel pressure line coming from the front pump, then run a flex hose with a quick disconnect to the log splitter? I'm not sure how the loader valve is set up. Does the pressure line dump to tank when the loader is not being used or is there a pressure relief valve in the line that will protect the pump from over pressure? John
Andrew Potteiger On the same line of thinking, I have a MF 135 and want to add a log splitter. Does anyone know the gpm's of this model and will it handle it?
Thanks for any input!

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: