to-30 ferguson lift problems

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

to-30 ferguson lift problems

Mickey My lift works great but will not hold a steady position while bushhogging. I will get it set to a good level and later look back and it will be a foot off the ground. I'll lower it to get it back right, then it will dig in the dirt after a couple of minutes. It seems to randomly raise and lower itself reguardless of where the lever is set. I have changed the 80/90 gear oil twice with no improvement. Can anyone help?

Thanks, Mickey

david I have the same problem I have a 1952 to-30 runs good except the same problem you have , it was worse I could never get the arms to lower the rear blade so I adjusted the quadrant and that made a big differance I could actually lower the rear back blade with out some one standing on it to lower it. If you found out any helpfull info could you let me know too. thanks david
Dwayne Guys,
I'm new at the tractor world. I'm having the same problem. I can not keep the bushhog at a good level without it rising up full or lowering down to the ground. If anyone can help. Please contract me. David what is a quadrant?

Mickey I have been told that, unlike the Red Belly Fords, the TO-30 has a built in draft control that cannot be turned off. You will find continued reference to "Marlowe". He sends out instruction on how to set up in a way that defeats the draft control. There are also after market devices that help. All in all I still find it frustrating. I wish I could have the Ferguson power with the Red Belly switchable draft!

Thanks,
Mickey

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: