245 clutch

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

245 clutch

chief 83 My PTO grinds when I engage it with the clutch all the way in. The PTO is also turning with enough power to make the implement begin to operate. I know it's a clutch issue but is it just in need of adjustment or is this a sign that it needs to be replaced? I have tried to adjust it but when I did I could not get the tractor to move at all so I basically put it back to where it was. Any help would be appreciated.
Big Dean It sounds like the Internal pto clutch adjustment need to be adjusted. That adjustment is made up through the inspection hold in the bottom of the bellhousing section of the transmission. It has to be made about ever third or fourth time the pedal free travel is made. I have a pictures with details on it showing how to make the clutch adjustment. If you would like me to email it to you email me at daustin62@aol.com.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: