Ferguson T 20 TEF Hard starting

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ferguson T 20 TEF Hard starting

Peter UK I have resently bought this tractor and have replaced the coil and condesor I have also had to free up the cog on the starter motor. I have had the tractor running but this was only after towing it arround a field. But the problem is when I try to start it with the starter it turns the engine untill it gets compression and then the starter just stops!
I really need help on getting this tractor running.
Any help will be great! thanks Peter

Peter UK Sorry I made a mistake it is a TED not a TEF
sibby(Aus) Peter, Check if your battery is fully charged, check your ignition points gap and timing. check all your starter circuit wiring and connections. The starter motor may have a stuck armature brush, tap it with a lump of wood about 3-4 lbs to try and unstick the brush and retry starting, if not have it reconditioned or replace,p.s. from memory a starter from some u.k. bmc,s or early land rover will fit your fergy. cheers and good luck.
cam 245 Try cranking it by hand. If it starts you have a problem with voltage drop in the starter cables, switch or starter motor.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: